Welcome at the ForelockMocs 100th building instructions page! It seems I have been working hard in the past years, since my 100th piece of building instructions is coming up. And I wanted to do something nice at that milestone… so let’s have a competition!
Making instructions is what I do, so let’s make the 100th building instructions one that the community has chosen. And free for all!
When I first started out I saw that there are a lot of photo-instructions out there. And I’ve met some builders who can design incredible stuff, but they don’t like sitting behind a computer and making building instructions.
That’s where I can help! Let me know which model deserves lego-like building instructions by ForelockMocs!
I will create professional looking building instructions of your model for free! This will include:
- PDF – instructions ready for upload on Rebrickable (max. 100 Mb filesize)
- “rebrickable and bricklink – ready” partlists
- a blueprint picture of the model
If the runner up has a digital model of his entry, I will make a blueprint picture of that model for free!
You can enter a model:
- If you are the model-designer (so don’t enter a model that’s not yours!)
- The model entered has to be finished
- There has to be a way for me to make instructions of it:
- You can provide photo or video building instructions
- Or you can provide a digital accurate (!) model of it (LDraw, LDD or Stud.io)
- Or… you can provide me with the real bricks model (which you will get back naturally)
Suppose you are the winner of the competition, then…
- You cannot sell the instructions made by ForelockMocs. The 100th building instructions have to be free 4 all!
- ForelockMocs can also publish the winning set of instructions on his website.
HOW TO ENTER
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “ForelockMocs 100th”.
In this email:
- Tell me your name (the designer)
- Tell me the name of the model (you can write a little background story too if you want)
- If it is an alternate or C-model: the number of the original set! Note: a model is only an alternate if you do not need extra pieces (not even one piece!).
- The functions it has (if any)
- The number of bricks
- If the model is already published on Rebrickable, please send me a link where to find it
And… very important: Attach the best looking picture of the model you have (just one picture, no videos; and you have to choose the best one).
So you don’t have to send me a digital model or (photo) instructions to enter… only the winner has to do that.
Note: By sending in a picture of a model, you agree with me publishing this picture. I will have the option to exclude an entry from the competition, if I think too much is copied of another model or if another designer contacts me and provides me with proof of the same. I will not be dragged into discussions who has designed something…
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTERING THE COMPETITION
You have two weeks for sending in your models… closing date is May 22th 18:00h (local time).
Your remaining time for sending an entry
Choosing the winner
The winner will not be chosen by me… but by the community!
I will post all entries on my Facebook-page. The pictures will be there for two weeks. The entry with the most likes wins!!!